Bring your passion and skills and join us in creating a world where vegan and vegetarian products are widespread, popular, and easily recognisable.
- Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Freelance, 1.500-2.000 EUR per month (dependent upon experience)
- Location: Remote, home-office, Europe-based
V-Label GmbH in Switzerland, as the owner of the trademark rights, coordinates the international cooperation on the V-Label. The V-Label has been an internationally recognized and protected trademark since 1996. All decisions are made in cooperation with the vegetarian and vegan organizations involved (e.g. Swissveg, ProVeg, Vegane Gesellschaft Österreich).
Since most of the certification work takes place locally in individual countries, the majority of the income remains locally. This allows the control work to be carried out professionally and local organizations to be supported. A small part of the income goes to V-Label GmbH in Winterthur to maintain brand protection and to extend it to other countries and product categories. In addition, the company also co-finances the international advertising for the V-Label, operates the international website and databases, and ensures through coordination that the controls are equally strict in all countries.
How You Will Make a Difference
We are looking for a graphic designer who not only has the appropriate training, but also combines a strong sense of aesthetics with a great deal of creativity, and designs in accordance with the target group and platform in order to achieve the greatest possible impact. You will be working as a member of the V-Label International team that executes both international activities and supports a growing number of international partner organizations. Your design work will be seen by B2B and B2C audiences globally.
This is a broad role that will include overseeing communications and content strategy development, brand and reputation, website and digital communications, press, editorial and publishing, events, stakeholder management and social media. Your duties are likely to include (but are not limited to):
- Conceptualize assignments by designing rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts as per specified media requirements. Adjusts designs and copy according to direction provided by the Communications Manager
- Update existing graphic material
- Design and develop online and offline visual content in accordance with our style guide:
- Social media graphics and templates, advertisements, newsletter graphics, vector illustrations, icons, gifs, graphs, mockups
- Brochures, flyers, posters, billboards, editorial layouts, merchandise
- Organize and keep editable and final files updated in our database
- Edit and store relevant stock images in our database
- Support the communications team in designing new design items, presentations and in launching projects
- Degree in Graphic Design (or comparable qualification) or completed training as a media designer
- Very good skills in drawing, production, and image editing
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat) or similar graphic design software
- Experience with video and web editing software such as Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and XD, is a plus
- Ability to learn new software, if needed, to accomplish projects
- Familiarity with preparing files for print
- Enthusiasm for preparing complex content
- Independent, structured and reliable working methods as well as curiosity, commitment, and motivation
- Enjoying teamwork
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
Benefits of Working with Us
- Working from home
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to create real impact
- Respectful work environment and supportive colleagues
Summary and Application Process
- Employment Type: Part-time (20hrs/w), freelance.
- Location: Remote, home office, Europe based
- Reports to: Communications Manager
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Application deadline: We will be assessing candidates on a rolling basis, so please apply now!
- Application process:
Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Due to the high number of applications, we will contact only selected candidates.
Please complete this short form, and upload your CV, cover letter (1 page), and a sample of your design work (online and offline such as rollup, flyer, and online banners). In your cover letter, please include this information:
- What motivated you to apply for this role.
- Which bit of the job description energizes you the most.
- Start date (For this role, as soon as possible.)
If you think that this position might be suitable for someone else, please share it with your network. Thank you!